We’ve recently decided to ban Pablo from watching his Ben 10 DVDs. We should’ve done it sooner, we are to blame.
Here are the reasons why we’re banning Ben10:
1. Ben is disrespectful to his grandfather. He raises his voice and talks back when he’s being corrected.
2. Ben is mean to Gwen, his cousin. He calls her names, picks fights with her all the time, pull cruel pranks on her and embarrasses her in front of other people.
3. Ben is rebellious. He does not take well to corrections. Sometimes, he even runs away.
4. Ben has vile, spiteful, demeaning words in his vocabulary.
5. Ben is arrogant. He thinks he’s everything that the world needs to save it.
6. And many other things that you don’t want your kid to become.
And here’s the MAIN REASON why we don’t want Ben around our children anymore:
PABLO IMITATES BEN
Lately, whenever Pablo watches these Ben 10 shows, we’d see him practice some of the above traits. Within the past two weeks, we’ve heard him use words such as “what the hell….” and referred to his brother, Lukas, saying, “…he gets on my nerves”. He told us that he didn’t know what “getting on my nerves” meant and we explained it to him. But goodness, he was practicing it in a conversation with, good heavens , a boy he just met, before he asked us about it.
I’ve also observed him playing pranks on Lukas and two Fridays ago, he decided to be a hero to his friend, JT and made another kid cry doing so.
We’ve talked to him, reminded him, and disciplined him for imitating many of Ben’s ways when he failed to listen.
All attempts for guidance seem ill-effective. Drastic measures need to be applied.
"And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell" Matthew 5:30.
"And those who make idols are just like them, as are all who trust in them" Psalm 115:8.
"Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it" Proverbs 22:6.